On Mon Apr 28 2014 Roland Winkler wrote:
> For example, it's a left-over from BBDB 2 that inside calls of
> bbdb-notice-mail-hook and bbdb-notice-record-hook,
> bbdb-change-hook is not called.  I do not know why this was set up
> that way.  It appears random to me.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that there is no
reason bbdb-notice-mail-hook and bbdb-notice-record-hook should
treat bbdb-change-hook specially (by suppressing calls of
bbdb-change-hook).

So unless someone posts here a good reason for this, I am going to
remove this (i.e., I'll remove the internal variable
bbdb-notice-hook-pending which handles this special treatment).  If
someone really needs something of that kind, a simple and clean way
to achieve this is to let-bind bbdb-change-hook to nil inside calls
of bbdb-notice--mail-hook and bbdb-notice-record-hook.  (This
apporach even offers finer control than the current approach as one
can temporarily remove individual elements in bbdb-change-hook.)