Roland Winkler <wink...@gnu.org> writes:

> What is your problem? - Here we are talking about situations where a
> user has customized bbdb-notice-mail-hook and/or bbdb-notice-record-hook.
> If for you these hooks are bound to nil (their default) the current
> discussion should be irrelevant for you.

Perfect. Thanks.

> More generally, by default BBDB should never modify your bbdb-file
> when reading mail.

I sporadically get errors that certain records are presenting problems
and then they will go away. Just thought maybe that preventing writing
when not necessary would help.

No intention to offend you. The fact is there is so little proper
documentation with version 3 that I thought seeking clarification would
be appropriate. Apologies.

aric