On 3-Sep-2008, at 14:32, Kerri Hicks wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Errol Sayre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> In my experience BBEdit is very good at maintaining its state for
>> searching from the top... I can search from the top in the modal
>> dialog, skip a few results, make a change, and hit search again and
>> go
>> to the next result... when I'd get to the bottom of the document it
>> would beep and I'd know I could move to the next document, or do the
>> next search.
>
> As a point of interest, when I want to do this (and I use that sort of
> workflow all the time), I use Find All, click through the results one
> at a time in the results list, and then just make the changes I want
> in the results  window -- now that those results windows are editable,
> it's changed the whole way I work, and has made finding discrete
> things and changing them MUCH easier.

I just did this on a large HTML file yesterday (almost by accident,
really) and I have to say it worked very well and was faster than
constructing a more specific find/replace grep pattern.

I do keep hitting Command-G to toggle Grep on though... then clicking
the checkbox.

--
BUGS: There is no conversion specification for the phase of the
        moon." strftime(3) man page