I almost always use cyberduck when editing remote files, though every
once in a while, if I knew I was only making a simple change to one
file, I'd fire up the sftp browser.  After reading the release notes,
I decided to try the new implementation, and yes, it's fast for me.
Really fast.  Like almost browsing on the local file system when you
change directories.  Mind you though, this was on a local network and
not to a server on the internet.

I think I'll  be using it a lot more though.  Check it out.