My message was to the developers.

I used bbedit for 10 years, since mac os 8.5...
I'm an experieced xhtml / javascript / actionscript programmer and a
web designer. I know what I say.

If the competitors make some choices, maybe there are reasons.
And if new competitors rapidly gain such a success, maybe there are
some more reasons.

If auto-balance completion is more an issue for some coders, well,
simply put it in a menu/preferences option. For me, it's really not an
issue. I really don't see anything useful in writing things like </
div> or </li>. I write them since 1999, I'm quite tired.. But hey,
you're right, I'm speaking only for me.

And for css, yes, not all values can be put in clippings (for example
numeric values), but there are really a lot that could. After all, if
you use auto-completion for tags, it's just the same for every other
bit of code.

Anyway, these are only suggestions.