Good afternoon,

On 1/12/09 at 5:25 PM -0700, le...@gmail <gkr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>There's really no reason for an editor not to automatically add
>"</div>" when I type "<div" or to add "</p>" when I type "<p"

I must be missing something magical from other programs. Don't
clippings achieve that? I type "di" and I get a clipping popup,
hit return and I've got opening and closing div tag. For my
clippings I also get a choice of what sort of div I want (which
attributes are already added; id, style, etc.)

So clippings give me more choice with fewer keystrokes. BBEdit
does auto-completion for me, but it does it the way I want
rather than making me work the way it wants. I have to agree
with other posters, I've never seen an automatic auto-complete
that does what I want. I spent as much time (maybe more) fixing
its mistakes than I saved.

Maybe someone could explain how automatic auto-completion is
better than clippings and/or the Close Current Tag command. I'm
all for saving keystrokes (thus my interest in Zen Coding), but
I've yet to understand what BBEdit is *really* missing or how
its inferior.

Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garri...@zeta.org.au>
    〠 PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt