Hi Charlie

Thanks for the reply

I do not often post here - - I just read many of the posts for my own
edification - - so, I apologize for my lack of knowledge - - but I am not
sure what you mean by "the sig of each message"?

As for why I think that Barebones staff sees these posts - - I see them all
the time here (or so I thought). Again - apologies for my misunderstanding.

Incidentally, I have written to their support e-mail with no reply . . .
but, I will try again

So, to the question:

Yes,  I do use balance and fold -

- my main problem is that this does not operate as the "gutter folders" do

or so it appears to me

my problem, though, is that in long scripts, I am often fold lots of logic
(which takes time) - - and then the saved state is blown away on restart.

Still, even using balance and fold  - - is there some reason that you know
of that files mapped to php do not have folding capability in the gutter for
logic blocks (only for functions)?

whereas files mapped to Javascript (and perl (I think) and others) do?

Thanks for your attention to my question and I will (again) contact
Barebones