I also access this thread from the site and so did not see the signatures

The files I am working on are local (when I am debugging like this (using
MAMP) but I also use Interarchy for uploading when I mount changes to the
server - - those never honor saved state for me, BTW.

In any case, I will ask the Barebones folks about the saved state situation.

Also - Dennis - thanks for the tip about the balance and fold - - for me, it
may well be a habit thing - - I have been writing lots of jQuery lately and
have gotten used to folding the logic blocks with the gutter - - now that I
am trying the balance and fold, it is pretty convenient and I can hide
comments, as well

I think I will ask Barebones to consider allowing us to create custom
gutter-anchored fold points - - that is what I would use most often and this
is a neat feature I have used in Eclipse.

thanks to all