At 4:20 PM -0700 7/19/11, Neil sent email regarding Re: BBEdit 10 cost:
On Jul 19, 12:11 pm, Keith <keith.ledbet...@gmail.com> wrote:
 So let me get this straight.   I've been a faithful customer for over
 15 years, buying every single BBEdit upgrade.  And yet brand new users
 can buy the product for the exact same price in the AppStore that I
 can "upgrade" for?  That sucks.

Yes it does. I have always bought the upgrade within days of
announcement.  Not this time.  The changes in BBedit are not required
for the work that I do.  Now I'll wait until either version 9 does not
run or has some feature that I really need.

I have always upgraded even though I use only a small fraction of the feature set of BBE. I could (mostly) get by with TextWrangler but I always bought the full BBEdit upgrade version-to-version for many years. I did it mostly to show support for BareBones and the BBEdit product.

I've always gotten great support from BB when I had questions or problems and it's well worth the upgrade price with each new version, even if I did not need the new features.

Alas, BBEdit 10 requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later and I'm still on 10.5.8, so, for the fist time since I began using BBEdit, I won't upgrade, since I cannot use the new version.

One day, when I abandon Eudora and upgrade to 10.6+, I'll upgrade BBEdit too.