On Jul 19, 12:11 pm, Keith <keith.ledbet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So let me get this straight.   I've been a faithful customer for over
> 15 years, buying every single BBEdit upgrade.  And yet brand new users
> can buy the product for the exact same price in the AppStore that I
> can "upgrade" for?  That sucks.

Yes it does. I have always bought the upgrade within days of
announcement.  Not this time.  The changes in BBedit are not required
for the work that I do.  Now I'll wait until either version 9 does not
run or has some feature that I really need.  Then I'll look at the
competition and buy the one that is better.  Up till now, I just
automatically upgraded because I did not want to change or investigate
new work flows. As others have said, the price is fair.  The issues is
that there is no benefit to automatically upgrading, keeping up to
date, or being a long time customer.