I think your idea of 'basic functionality' is based on your reality, not
others.

'And ever heard of beta testing?' Yeah. Ever heard of manners and civility?

I am pretty sure BareBones beta tested the software. With an application as
feature rich as it is, I am not surprised a few things got overlooked.

I have no statistics to support any claim that your 'missing functionality'
 is something not missed by the majority. That said, I feel a reasonable
complaint, or feature request would not fall on deaf ears. The fact they
even respond is amazing.

You can sugar coat what you said/wrote any way you want, but the statement:
'it's pretty apparent why the price was cut by  2/3rds for this version ---
it's 1/3 as good as any previous version.' taken in any context, is rude and
unnecessary.

Especially as it relates to a feature  that may be used only by you. Again,
I have no stats to support my claim, as I am relatively sure you have none
to support yours.

It is something you miss, and want back. Great! lets be productive and
positive. More flies with honey they say...

Sorry BareBones team. you worked hard, and deserve to be treated with
respect, as most people do.

bo

ALL I am saying is be aware that the tone of your (anyone's) email can be
misinterpreted easily.