At 13:48 -0400 22/07/2011, Tim Gray wrote:

On Jul 22, 2011 at 06:42 PM +0100, John Delacour wrote:
Type control-command-n, type return, drag an image from the Finder to the insertion point. Are you saying that produces nothing?

That's what happens for me. The jpg icon gains a green plus badge once the cursor is in the BBEdit html document. The insertion point tracks the mouse to the right line, but when I drop the file, nothing happens.

Well it works fine here in 10.6.7 so perhaps it's a Lion thing, something I'll be in a position to tell in about 5 years' time.

JD