On Monday, August 22, 2011, Jeff Adams <j...@tinyfly.com> wrote:

Does the Dropbox thing only work if you keep Dropbox installed in the
default location?

It *should* work for non-default locations, but since Dropbox doesn't offer a supported means of determining whether the Dropbox folder is, BBEdit has to read its settings directly, and the Dropbox settings format may have changed in an incompatible way. When that happens, BBEdit falls back to using ~/Dropbox/.

R.
--
Rich Siegel                                 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com>                      <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.