guys -

i've got my environment set up so i can work in php using bbedit, and
then just hit control+command+p to preview any file i'm working on in
the browser of my choice. the php renders just fine... as long as the
file is anywhere under ~Sites.

i often end up with php files on my desktop, and want to be able to
open them in bbedit, make a quick tweak or not, and then preview as
above... with the php rendering just as if it were under ~Sites.

under 'setup', i currently have:

     site name: dev
     server url: localhost/
     path on server: ~blinde/
     default page: index.php
     addressing: automatic
     local site root: blinde->Sites
     use local preview server: yes

this works.

i made a copy, called dev 2, and tried variations on the 'path on
server' setting, to new avail.

i want to be able to preview correctly rendered php pages located
under ~Sites AND off my desktop.

how do i do this?

more info:

  HOSTS FILE
  7 127.0.0.1       localhost
  8 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
  9 ::1             localhost
 10 fe80::1%lo0     localhost
 13 file:///Users/blinde/Sites/
 14 file:///Users/blinde/Desktop/

apache2/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf file
 28 <VirtualHost *:80>
 29     DocumentRoot "/Users/blinde/Sites/"
 30     ServerName localhost
 31 </VirtualHost>
 32
 33 <VirtualHost *:80>
 34     DocumentRoot "/Users/blinde/Desktop/"
 35     ServerName localhost
 36 </VirtualHost>

am i even mucking about in the right place?

again, i want to be able to preview correctly rendered php pages
located under ~Sites AND off my desktop. i definitely want to be able
to do this via bbedit, but also wouldn't mind being able to drag-and-
drop a php file from the desktop into an open browser window such that
the page gets rendered correctly (ok, that last one isn't a bbedit
thing...)

how do i do this?

idiot-proof instructions and/or pointers to applicable tutorials would
be appreciated!

thanks,
bruce