jamie -

i appreciate the links, but i've already visited them and more.

i've got php running just fine... as long as a .php file is anywhere
in my Sites folder (where i keep separate folders for all my client
websites), and i preview it using LOCALHOST, all is well. the page
gets rendered, life is good.

i guess a better phrased question would be: when i drag and drop a
file from the desktop to an open browser window, it shows as "file:///
Users/blinde/Desktop/index.php".

i want it to go through localhost, so the php gets rendered.

maybe some kind of .htaccess re-write trick? is there a way to 'trick'
the browser into doing this, when 'Sites' and 'Desktop' are folders
that exist at the same level in my home directory?

help, mr. wizards!