> You know, I really would like to know why it is that people insist on
> posting incredibly detailed bug reports to this forum, rather than sending
> them to Bare Bones technical support.
>

> [snip]
>
> Anyway. Just wondering, really.

Hi Mike,

I suppose you would have to hear from many such separate individuals who
have done that (or do that), to know.  ...and I don't recall ever posting
my (one or two in my life) BBedit bug report(s) on this list/group, BUT I
can imagine I can identify with some of the BBedit group members'
individual/collective consciousness.. when I say:

Maybe the feeling is kind of like this:

"Darn it; I have a problem.. and I don't know if the cause is:

   - my own idiocy
   - my own lack of homework
   - my own custom/broken environment
   - BBedit's fault
   - other / act of God

...and I don't like to be a fool in front of the amazing wizards who make
software like BBedit, especially since they might scold me, or worse, then
they might not feel motivated to really do their part if they have to deal
with too many people like me... and I want them to do their part, whatever
that looks like.  But here on the list, we are all idiots and compassionate
people and skilled people - together in one big understanding happy family.
  PLUS maybe someone already has had the same problem as me, and they would
like to tell me the solution, whatever the cause of the problem, ... and I
am allowed to ask for that here on the list, ... but in official support
channels I am only allowed to (properly) ask when the problem is likely to
be BBedit's fault, and I have not reached the conclusion that that is the
case... and meanwhile I just need help with this, now; I need to get back
to work; I have no time to research to find out if I can 'legitimately' be
bothering support.
"

Just one of my guess(es).
-Govinda