Thanks.  I sort of knew it was something ridiculous  that was causing the
problem.   Now I shall hang my head in shame, I kiss your feet in gratitude
and I am going to get all those records updated.  I was seriously thinking
of doing it the hard way.

Data base migrations from Oracle or MySQL to TSQL (or the other direction)
must be a seriously miserable process.   Even my tiny data base (200+
authors, 560+/_ titles) is unnecessarily brutal.