> On 5 Mar 2020, at 14:43, Paul Gobble <p...@paulgobble.com> wrote:
>
> Rich,
>
> Here's what I get…
>
> Emonda:bin paul$ python3 --version
> Python 3.7.3

And this is what I get in my system:

$ python3 --version
Python 3.8.2
$ which python3
/usr/local/bin/python3
$ whereis python3
$

that is, can't find python3.

There is no file with name starting with python3 in my /usr/bin (but there are
several in /usr/local/bin). I guess this depends on the macOS version (I am on
10.14 Mojave).

I installed the python3 version with the pkg in
https://www.python.org/downloads which puts
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin at the top of the path,
but I changed that. Anyway, /usr/local/bin and /usr/bin are at the top om my
path.

Hope it helps.

Best,

Nestor