Steve,

I took BBEdit out of the testing earlier this evening. I've been doing all
my editing with vim and attempting to run the script from the command line.
 I've made the two test cases as similar as possible. Both env and Pyton3
reside in /usr/bin on both systems.  The PATH contains /usr/bin in both
systems.  the scripts on both systems have the same chmod 755 permissions.
 The Raspberry Pi runs like you'd expect, the Mac just won't comprehend or
acknowledge the Shebang line.

I'm at a loss.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than