First, it works on my system.

Mar 6, 2020 13:35:25
/untitled text 2
Hello World

I can't say for sure that BBEdit respected the first line, but I don't have any
issue with the output.

Even when I save the file I get the same:

Mar 6, 2020 13:40:10
~/Documents/Code/test/python_test-01.py
Hello World

I can't tell you more, but if it's a path issue, reinstalling python3 with a
reasonable package manager (homebrew ?) could help fixing issues.

Jean-Christophe

> On Mar 6, 2020, at 11:25, Paul Gobble <p...@paulgobble.com> wrote:
>
> I keep banging my head against this problem.  To try something different, I
> ssh over to my Raspberry Pi.  I check, and its got Python 3 right there in
> /usr/bin/ . So I use vim to create same script on the Rasperrry Pi, chmod
> 755, and I see "Hello World" the very first try.
>
> So to recap, both my PowerBook with macOS 10.15.3 and my Raspberry Pi running
> Debian GNU/Linux have a version of Python3 installed in their /usr/bin
> directories.  Both system have /usr/bin in their PATH.  They both have the
> same two line script and both start with the same Shebang:
> #!/usr/bin/python3.  The Raspberry Pi works perfect, the Mac can only muster
> "#!/usr/bin/python3: No such file or directory".
>
> What is different between the two systems? Where should I look?
>

> On Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 7:06:11 AM UTC-5, Paul Gobble wrote:
> I'm using BBedit 13.0.5 on Mac Os 10.15.3 as my editor while I try to learn a
> bit of Python3.
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python3
> print('Hello World')
>
> Baby steps.
>
> I try to execute this from the Run menu item in the #! menu and get
>
> /Users/.../Scripts/python_test-01.py: line 1: #!/usr/bin/env: No such file
> or directory
>
> Then I try to use the direct path in the shebang line
>
> #!/usr/bin/python3
> print('Hello World')
>
> and get a very similar response
>
> /Users.../Scripts/python_test-01.py: line 1: #!/usr/bin/python3: No such
> file or directory
>
> So I go investigate in the Terminal app and look around.
>
> Emonda:bin paul$ pwd
>
> /usr/local/bin
>
> Emonda:bin paul$ whereis python3
>
> /usr/bin/python3
>
> Emonda:bin paul$ whereis env
>
> /usr/bin/env
>
> Emonda:bin paul$
>

> Both env and python3 are right where I said they were in the shebang line,
> but interpreter can't find them!
>
> Can anyone help me out here?  What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> --
> This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature
> request or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com"
> rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter:
> <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
> ---