On Friday, April 10, 2020 at 8:01:09 PM UTC-7, Darren Duncan wrote:

> So never put your passwords in your non-secret files to begin with.

Well, this is the whole point. My notes pre-date the larger organization
that now wants to standardize notes being separated from passwords. BUT, by
workflow is built around a streamlined single-document model around which I
have all kinds of productivity workflows built. I'm trying to accomodate
the new order while preserving my workflow.

I'm settling on tagging passwords in the document, doing a
search-and-replace to remove them prior to exporting to the common notes
collection. The passwords will be replace with some kind of indicator that
the password can be found in the official vault.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than