i have on (rare) occasion had palettes disappear, or their positions forgotten.
i’ve sent emails to support and gotten pretty quick ’try this’ responses… each
of which resolved my issue until the next release came out.

they’re like maytag repair people… just waiting for something they can fix.
8-)

> On Mar 17, 2021, at 4:49 PM, Neil Faiman <neil.goo...@faiman.org> wrote:
>
> My experience has been that BBEdit is consistently impeccable about reopening
> all windows and their contents, after an app quit, after a logout, after a
> system shutdown, even after a crash. If it is regularly losing windows for
> you, it sounds like something might be broken in your installation. Rather
> than wasting time trying to cobble together a workaround, I would suggest
> going straight to BBEdit tech support.
>
> Regards,
>
>       Neil Faiman
>
>> On Mar 17, 2021, at 7:41 PM, Bill Kochman <wordweaver...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:wordweaver...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Chris,
>>
>> I kind of figured I might get your attention. :)
>>
>> Each of the 48 or so windows which I constantly have in the “Windows”
>> palette are individual BBEdit text files. Some are HTML files, but they are
>> also set to open with BBEdit. These files are scattered all over my hard
>> drive. I use most of them constantly, which is why I have so many windows in
>> the palette.
>>
>> So, I must ask you then. Does the fact that you are taking interest in this
>> mean that there is not just one file somewhere in BBEdit’s folder and file
>> hierarchy where this information is stored? I looked in the "Application
>> Support" folder and I couldn’t find anything. I looked in the “Containers”
>> folder and couldn’t find anything there either. Last of all, I looked in the
>> “Preferences” folder as well, and I couldn’t find anything there either. I
>> wonder if I need to poke around in package contents next in the app itself.
>> :)
>>
>> So, what do you think, my friend?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Bill Kochman, Administrator
>> Bill’s Bible Basics / Christian Social Network
>> wordweaver...@gmail.com <mailto:wordweaver...@gmail.com>
>> https://www.billkochman.com <https://www.billkochman.com/>
>> https://www.csnet.live
>>

>>> On Mar 18, 2021, at 9:33 AM, Christopher Stone <listmeister...@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:listmeister...@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> Hey Bill,
>>>
>>> If my memory is right we've had this discussion on the list about the
>>> "file" cataloging open items before, and it's not as simple as you might
>>> imagine.
>>>
>>> BBEdit has several ways of presenting files in windows.
>>>
>>> What's your set-up?
>>>
>>> One file per window?
>>>
>>> Multiple files per window?
>>>
>>> Project windows?
>>>
>>> Depending upon the answer this could be easy, or this could be difficult.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Chris
>>>

>>> --
>>> This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature
>>> request or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com
> [...]

bruce linde
5 happiness webmaster (four more than the competition!)
http://www.5happy.com/
http://clockhappy.com/
510.530.1331 office
510.206.9730 mobile

(shift key available upon request)

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than