On Jun 25, 2008, at 15:19 PM, Pavel Roskin wrote:

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 15:07 -0400, Dale Walsh wrote:

On Jun 25, 2008, at 08:35 AM, Michael Buesch wrote:

On Wednesday 25 June 2008 13:51:54 Dale Walsh wrote:
The problem with your statement is that as far as I could locate,

this is the only tool that allows you to modify the subsystem
vend/
prod ID's and to tweak antenna gains to improve performance of a
card.

You should read a good book about antenna physics.

I can assure you I know something about antenna design, gain and
wavelength versus overall length, loading, termination, resistance,
balancing, corona, directional versus omni-directional, resonance,
multi-elements, arrays, yagi's, quad's and the antenna is only as good
as the transmitter or receiver attached to it.

If the transmitter power is supplied at 70% of the available power
then the distance that the transmitter is effective
is diminished exponentially by the amount of power being generated.

I suggest that you introduce a new field in ssb-sprom, call it
"antenna-shape" and put "yagi" there. That would greatly help with both
reception and transmission :-)

You are welcome to perform this improvement for your own use but unless you can modify the firmware I'm not sure what benefit you could get out of defining a non-existent modifiable parameter under the expectation that it would be beneficial.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin

-- Dale