On Friday 10 April 2009 02:14:59 Francesco Gringoli wrote:
> Ok but what`about MBSS? Is it already implemented in b43? I found some
> old patches from Johannes but they required fw hacking, I can't find
> traces of them inside the current kernel. So I would assume MBSS is
> not yet implemented.

No. Very latest firmware kind of implements this (It can do 2 BSS).
If you're going to implement it, you should probably look at how they did it.
(Basically beacons are pushed via DMA to hardware).

> > If openfw does not raise the interrupt, PS most likely is broken and
> > the
> > firmware cannot work on AP with PS stations associated.
> Uhmmmm, interesting. I completely missed this. I must say I'm not
> familiar with PS.

The beacon interrupt is basically always triggered when the firmware is ready
to receive a new beacon. It's a locking mechanism to prevent concurrent accesses
to the template ram. If an update is not required, the driver will disable the
interrupt. But if the driver needs to update the beacon (for example due to
TIM changes), the driver unmasks the interrupt and updates the beacon on
interrupt.

So I think the beacon IRQ handling in the firmware is trivial. I could remember
incorrectly, but I think it just raises it every time it's done handling one
beacon.

Note that there is some weirdness built in, though. For example if both
beacon-valid
flags are set that's a special condition and it does _not_ mean both beacons
are valid.
Look at the driver. There are some comments.

--
Greetings, Michael.