Robert, you have a wonderful website.  We grow peppers here in an arid
northern climate in pots in  3 - 12x20 coldframes with eggplants also in pots
and tomatoes diagonally in the ground in French intensive beds.  We do have
to space them widely.    My favorite pepper is paprika which is sweet and has
such a complex flavor.  I got my first paprika seeds from The Seed Savers
Exchange.  We make cases and cases of salsa for our own enjoyment and to give
away.  Your recipe section sure does look good!

On irradiation, I was concerned and when I placed my Johnny's seed order by
phone, I inquired and was told that Johnny had asked the U.S. postal service
about this and was assured that he didn't have to worry....I'm more concerned
about GE pollen contamination and about the wild salmon and GE salmon
interbreeding.  DNA is priceless and money is no object here, something that
the gov't doesn't seem to know.  How can we save this precious legacy known
as the earth?  I guess we have to try in our own little baileywick.