Thanks very much for sharing that story, Steven.

Here's something you might like:

“Tribal Aborigines live in a world where their belief system has been
handed down generation through generation, without change, for thousands
of years.  From father to son, mother to daughter, tribal laws have
remained intact and precise, governing all areas of their lives.

True Aboriginal life is an unending quest for knowledge about culture,
land, and spirituality.  Mythical legends and ancestral spirits can
continuously appear to the conscious mind through symbolic occurrences,
which emanate from all aspects of daily life.  Eventually, perhaps
during a tribal corroboree (a ceremony), these symbols can fit together
with others, as in a metaphorical puzzle, leading to a better
understanding of one’s role within the tribe.

The Dreamtime was a creation era long ago, when flourishing ancestral
spirits developed all laws and patterns of life to come for everything.
The laws created and events from that ancient time are integral to the
tribal Aborigine, as they dictate how to live while keeping spiritual
union with the land and animals.  Often these events are re-enacted in
ceremonies, guided by didgeridoo and song, which help call forth magic
from the supernatural powers in the cosmos.

Spiritual Aborigines believe in two distinct forms of what we call time;
two parallel currents of activity.  The first is somewhat basic and
easily tangible; it is the everyday series of events which guides our
lives and keeps us ‘busy’.  For example:  an 11:00 appointment, stopping
at a red light, eating a meal, making a phone call, etc.  Much of our
modern society stays somewhat confined in this singular mode and
ventures no further, which can be routine and rather barren, yet
comfortable and reassuring.

However, for the Aborigine, there is another form of activity which
rides parallel to the daily objective.  It is an endless spiritual cycle
which constantly renews itself.  It is called the Dreaming:  the
continuum of the Dreamtime.  Paradoxically, it is more real than reality
itself.  It is what evokes all that is seen, heard, felt, and
experienced into being.  For the Aborigine, whatever happens in the
Dreaming cycle establishes all laws, customs and values, goals, totemic
symbology, and provides wisdom for daily life.

Just as our bodies require food as fuel to propel us through our lives,
the Dreamtime is the fuel which propels all of what is seen and
experienced by a tribal Aborigine living a traditional way of life.  It
is the nucleus of everything, the driving force of the wind, fire,
water, land, trees, animals, and ultimately…the Universe.

(The philosophy of Socrates spoke of another world, an invisible realm,
which propels our sphere and worldly events into being.   He stated that
all facets of our lives are merely the products of events coming into
manifestation from that unseen world.  This idea is very similar in
nature to the Aboriginal Dreamtime belief.  His concept of an ‘unseen
force’ was not shared by the general consensus in his place and time; he
was considered obscure and radical.  Inflamed with his other outspoken
and ‘bizarre’ antics, the constables forced him to drink the hemlock.
Little did he know an entire continent elsewhere shared his opinion.)”

– Patrick Walsh, Dreamtime Journal (a CD featuring the band Dreamtime
and aboriginal accompaniment and stories; www.dreamtimedidgeridoos.com)

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160