Christiane and list, please read on.....

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> Where is your property?

We are in Virginia, USA -- about an hour from Allan.......

> If it is in Australia it would be a great shame, if economics would force you to
> have the pasture, if it is a native one, cultivated for cropping.

Our land is farm land.  It has been farmed for well over a hundred  years and for
all that time except for the past 13 or so years -- it was farmed scientifically --
except for the early years when those guys didn't exist....

> There are post-emergence tillage equipmetns, such as a "Striegel' that take
> pretty good care of emerging weeds without damaging the crop too much, if it is
> sown at a slightly higher rate.

Is this Striegel equipment?  can you describe this a bit more?

Thanks Christiane and thanks to everyone who shared regarding my request.  I will
say that my friend who is wishing to use our land is a very conscientious farmer and
is interested in understanding more of what we wish to do.  Every move would be
monitored and agreed upon.  So, we would not develop some out of control
environment.

Last fall -- I visited with Hugh Lovel at this place and saw his corn / soybean
planting and I think that is a great way to go in a small garden operation.  But, we
would not have that labor luxury here on our farm for this particular project.

We need to grow crops with machinery and harvest with machinery.

What I was trying to determine in this question which I have asked of the list is
asked again here with some of  my comments along with the question.

That is:  Planting corn on previously grassed fields -- we would need to break
ground either with bottom plow or disc.  We would lose a great deal of
microorganisms with a bottom plow -- disc would keep the micros closer to the
surface -- as well as the grass which is being turned under.  We do have the  FB in
place -- however, perhaps, we would benefit from spraying BC before tilling under
the grass -- then, we would plant the corn in the prepared ground.

The experiment would be -- will the broadcaster carry the nitrogen that the field
would need?  that would be the interesting part!!!!  And -- would we perhaps be
overcome with grass / weeds from the previous grass in the field which had been
turned under?  I suppose that the harvest of the corn would be OK? weeds considered?

Then, there is the potential of planting a new orchard grass / alfalfa field.  The
old grass once again being turned under -- soil prepared and limed as needed -- and
then comes the new crop.  We really don't think that a crop planted in the Spring
would do very well as there is competition form original seeds from the old crop
which was turned under.  And, around here -- moisture is not to be depended upon of
late.....  Better, we believe, to be a fall planting.

One further thinking on this -- and maybe this is best for Hugh to comment on or
others who are using FB is what to expect in terms of the need to physically apply
preps in addition to using the FB (which is for general application) in order to
fine tune the process.

Thanks again for all of your inputs......

Best!

Wayne

--

Sharon and Wayne McEachern

http://www.LightExpression.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A Divine Program for Healing and Transformation"

and

Expressing the Light

"A Ministry Dedicated to the Divine Process"