Virginia wrote
I was in Salt Spring Island in British Columbia last year and visited a very solidly built mansion with rammed earth foundation, walls and floor.  I was pleasantly surprised to find the air quality good, contrary to what I had expected. You do have pioneers in Australia on this type of construction.  Manfred, if you are interested, the name of the builder in BC is Meror Krayenhoff.  His floors and foundations are massive and insulated, though some cement cannot be avoided.

Virginia: We have a an aged care centre built primarily for Australian Aboriginal near here that was built using rammed earth walls, from memory the company who built it were extremely busy doing this work. It was built about 5 years ago and is very impressive.
David C