>Hugh,
>
>In your post on potatoes you stated that you soak the potato sets in
>peroxide - is this just to ensure that the cut surfaces do not become
>infected, or do you do this with whole potatoes as well?  If so, does it
>help in keeping the potato plants healthy?
>
>Thanks
>
>Stephen Barrow

Dear Stephen,

Potatoes love oxygen. So I soak even the smaller whole potatoes in the
peroxide bath. When I buy potato seed I think the peroxide helps clean them
up. I've had some pretty funky seed potatoes. But all along the line I
think you should maximise the oxygen for potatoes. If you don't have a
spading machine, for instance, you should subsoil. And barring that you
should hill. And there may be other things that would help.

Best,
Hugh