>Hugh -
>
>thanks for the good post on how you manage your spuds.
>
>Questions come to mind.
>
>How deeply do you mulch with hay?

Allan,

About whatever comes off the bale, But thats a couple inches.

>How do you unroll the bales?

I get it in the right direction and roll (downhill).

>Your harvesting sounds like you are using a harrow to pull the spuds
>of the soil but if the seed potato is only under the mulch all the
>'new' potatoes would occur above it. I must be reading this wrong.
>Are you harvesting spuds from the mulch or from the soil?

Didn't I say I lay the spuds out and then "tuck them in?" I tuck the set
into the ground about 2 to 3 inches, so the spuds, which form above the
roots, don't all sit on the surface. I don't want any on the surface
because if they don't have enough hay on them they turn green

>Do you use any foliar sprays? (fish? kelp?)

I expect to try some.

>Do you side dress with compost or fertilizer at any point?

No. Only the field broadcaster.

>What legume are you growing in your paths nowadays?

I like white dutch clover.

Best,
Hugh