In a message dated 8/28/02 6:30:25 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
Just the same, I'm very, very, VERY interested in hearing from you
what a person could be doing wrong in SEED BED PREPARATION, PLANTING,
SOWING, or CULTIVATION that would promote fungal diseases. >>

Well, for instance we had a gorgeous patch of earth and over the fall and
winter we had turnips and rudabegahs there.  I ate as many as I could and I
picked the remainder for the cows.  By Winter's end I had stuff the size of
soccer balls.  The soil has classic bd crumb structure, earthworm every three
to four inches, and you could see the fungal filaments in the soil.  I
thought wow, what a great field for squash or pumpkins this summer.  Sure
enough pumpkins go in.  Planted way to dense. Plants come up and look great,
fruit set is incredible. Weather turns nasty hot, dry then rains, turns humid
and they get wailed with downy.  So now we have three acres of soccerball
size pumpkins in August and no vines with leaves left.  What a lost opp
ortunity...sstorch