Allan,
I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but you don't have to be paranoid to
assume there are always other power(s) behind the political machine.
Sometimes I think it is the ambition of the "powers that be" to keep
Americans drugged and stupid, looking for the next sensation and/or
knee-jerk reaction. The media is just more pap to keep Americans in a frenzy
of consumption-- the most important thing to keep our economy "growing".
Economists think that constant growth is the main ambition of "markets"
because consumerism is not related to the natural world. If it were,
industry would be working with nature and not against it.

If I were to give a name to the power behind the powers it would be named
the Military Industrial Complex. And I would have to include in that complex
pharmaceutical & GE industries as well.

Having said those cynical things, I still believe in the power of Spirit to
guide us through these changing times. If anything else to remember at this
time, it would be that we have the power to change the system through small
changes within each of us. Keeping the spark of Light alive to share and
shine into the world will defeat corrupt politics. It may be messy, but you
can't birth and new life tends to be messy. It is up to us to promote Peace
& Love above all else.

It is an extraordinary privilege to be alive in these changing times. Change
is difficult, but I suspect we are all here, incarnated at this time to join
in Love, in it's many polyglot and seemingly disparate ways to raise the
vibratory rate at which we all vibrate. Blessings on all your good works!

In Love & Light,
Jane