----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan Balliett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Nutrient blockers

> >For further research read
> >Non_Toxic Farming Handbook by Philip Wheeler and Ronald Ward.
> >Science in Agriculture by Arden Anderson
> >Farming in the 21st Century by Dan Skow
> >Source of books Acres USA web site  http://www.acresusa.com
> >

> I'll add to what Tony and Lloyd have said.
> > the albrecht ratios. I feel, however, that with OM below 3.0, I just
> couldn't muster enough microbial buzz to really see any of this stuff
> working.

Allan try adding some humic acid  and molasses to your sprays  when you are
doing the ground perparation and adding compost   this will help give the
microbes a buzz untill your organic matter [humus] content is higher enough
to do it naturally.
Use this at soil preparation and until plants are established and the just
use mollasses with your sprays  until harvest. Molasses is the quictest way
to raise  energy levels to overcome problems as you have described. Also a
good boost when plants are under stress.
 Cheers Tony
land down under