Thanks Susan

As a fellow Minnesotan I fully agree with what you say about the deep
sadness permeating our state regarding the loss of the Wellstones. I sit
here still in mixed grief and continued disbelief.

Lost and confused what to do, my wife Rebekah and I attended the Peace Rally
yesterday along with 10,000 others. Our hearts swelled when  we heard there
were 200,000 others rallying for peace in D.C. Our event  flooded into an
emotional  memorial to the great national loss of Senator Wellstone and his
family.

Just as important, though, we noticed that something fresh is being reborn
inside us and inside others. For the FIRST TIME since the reign of the
current administration we are beginning to feel we can find our voices again
to PROTEST governmental policies and NOT have to whither under the remarks
by some that we are "anti-American".   We now remember that we can
vehemently express our opposition to certain policies such as the
Agricultural policies or even a preemptive first strike and NOT have to take
any guff about being anti-American. Again, we are NOT being anti-American
when we speak out.

For the first time in decades I can and do say "I love America" but I will
also stand up and fight against some of her policies.

Awake in Minnesota,

Will Winter