I think you've really hit it on this one, Leigh. Lots of folks, at least in
cities & burbs just don't cook for themselves anymore. I cannot tell you how
many members in our small group we just started here in Westchester (just
outside NYC) did not know what kale was, or broccoli rabe, or beets even.
Many people are intimidated by anything  other than corn, broccoli &
tomatoes or green beans.

On the other hand, I just ran into a neighbor at a block tea party a few
weeks ago who was raving about how different and how much better Roxbury
farm food tastes. She even said, when I first told her about the csa that
she thought I was a bit crazy, claiming how much better locally produced,
fresh, organic produce is. Now she's singing that song.

Really, I think people just have to taste this food. Yes, many have lost
their taste for real food from a steady processed diet. But just as many are
being reclaimed by exposure to real food.

Blessings on all you farmers out there growing awesome food for us lucky
enough to join csa's!!

With Love,
Jane S.