So, though I like WF and admire how far they've come in the health
food industry, they DID treat it as an industry. To them, that
organically grown sticker is nothing more than a commodity.
Industry vs movement. We're not doing ourselves any favor if we celebrate the successes of the industry which, on the whole, have been at the expense of the movement.

I hate to join the BDNOW! corporate potshot movement, but it's my understanding that whole foods is also heavily invested in military stocks, etc. This may have changed. The whistle I heard blew years ago (maybe in the Austin days!). The point: they happily made profits from areas that the organic movement would never 'loan' money to, even if there was a promise of a good return.

-Allan