Another thing about WF is they have no policies that I know of for selling
local produce even in areas where there are local farms. When they had their
second store only in Houston (and the first in Austin) there used to be
highly trained staff who were very helpful (there is still some evidence for
this) but did carry a small amount of locally produced food. Even by the
time I left Houston, 7 years later in 1990, that had changed and there was
more and more industrially produced 'organic' food and no more local food.

JS