There's no one there to teach them.  No leader.  No wise man.  No wise
woman.  No body.  Vacuous.  A vacuum at the top, middle and bottom.
Good people leave organizations like these - one way or the other.  More
often than not, if they try to enlighten them, they are kicked out.
Which is good for all humanity because this moves things along the Path
of Truth.
Greg brought up the above.

I've been re-reading A.P. recently. Here is an effective transmitter of Steiner's vision. What is it nowadays? 700 farmers working under A.P. and 2,000,000 acres in EFFECTIVE biodynamic management. There are many BD farmers in Australia and one of the major reasons is that BD WORKS under AP's administration. For me, aside from A.P's obvious insights and gifts, one of the major reasons that BD works in Australia is that AP has set up a program of farm visits and of experienced BD farmers working with inexperienced farmers. He doesn't make the service available, he actually demands that anyone starting in biodynamics work with someone A.P. approves of, someone already getting results with biodynamics. Remember, A.P. first demonstrated that BD WORKS in Australia, and then developed his organization afterwards. We've yet to have anyone really do that here in the US, with the exception of Hugh Lovel (who I'd have to say is probably in the best position to explain why we have no equivalent to AP's success in the US)

What I'm getting at is that felt a lot of remorse brought on by the fact that we have no similar organization in the US. Many of the questions that are brought up by new people on the list would be dealt with so much better through a farm visit rather than a reading list or a wisdom thrown into the dark.

Barring the development of an organization of cooperative farmers, even simply returning to the 'professional BD farm advisor' system that existed when I got started in biodynamics would be a wonderful thing.

-Allan