----- Original Message -----
From: Hugh Lovel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 5:17 AM
Subject: Re: Monsanto submitted its petition for comm. of GE Wheat

> >Hugh, what do you think about beginning some trials with eradicain these
> >super weeds with peppers???  sstorch
>
> Dear Steve,
>
> We've tried peppers and they didn't work as well as we expected. So we
need
> to try some more things, such as running some of the weed through the
> blender and using that. What we want, of course, is something that works
> like a charm the first year, not by the fourth year.
>
> Best,
> Hugh

Hi Steve , Hugh,
                            I guess we are talking about peppering GMO wheat
out of normal wheat,  pretty tough to do! Genetically the plants should be
different enough to allow something to work - a pepper will induce some
weakness, making the plant more susceptible to disease and insect attack,
and these GMO's are inherently less robust anyway, so thats a start.
Nutrition can also be a part. IF we can identify the intruders in the main
field that will allow us to monitor brix levels and try to influence that
with foliar nutrition - OK I know thats not BD but we are talking about a
serious problem here, anything that might work is worth a look ? So I figure
a well concocted foliar spray combined with peppering might improve the
result? Mother nature will provide us with a way of handling this.
Cheers
Lloyd Charles