Title: Re: Personal Security vs National Security
(Allan wrote:) <<MANY people I talk to at conferences have told me that they do not want to associate their
 names with their ideas in such a public place.>>

This is very sad. Curtis would like you to tell your story to GlobalNews. Or some version of your story you can live with if you don't want to name names.

(Allan) <<The archives would not be available to lurkers, only to posters. CD-Rom is the appropriate way
to go. These could be sent out at cost, etc. Each CD could be cumultive, and so on.>>

This sounds like a huge hassle. Too much work, too many details etc. Wouldn't it be easier to just make the archives password protected? So if someone joins the list, they receive the password at that time. I never know when I 'm going to use the archive. Sometimes once a year. Sometimes weekly. I've also used it when I was having computer problems to see if I was not receiving mail because of my computer.

I assume you prefer the cd because then google can’t go there?

Jane