Hi Merla
              There are excellent in depth horn clay articles in the BDNOW
archive - Greg Willis, Hugh Lovel, Glen Atkinson, If you start  2nd June
1999 and go through to mid 2000 you should have all the info you are looking
for.
Cheers
Lloyd Charles
Lloyd - A man asked me the other day if I had a recording of Elaine Ingham's presentation at Santa Cruz last year. I had to ask him why he would want that because, through experience, what Elaine has to say has changed a lot a lot in the past year. How would one feel comfortable with ANY of that old information if one knew that the science of compost tea was in flux and was that much of what was gospel last year is absolute - - or maybe forbidden! - - by this year?

My favorite example of this sort of thing is the New Alchemy information. One can read ecstatic reports on the success of their composting greenhouses. If one doesn't read ALL the literature out there, one would not know that the nitrogen artifacts in their winter greens were so high that some european governments would not allow their produce to be imported! Subsequent studies found ways of avoiding or remediating the nitrogen buildups that come from too much nitrogen and too little sunshine. An enthusiastic but careless reader could, perhaps, run out and start poisoning more people, convinced that they were operting with information from a reliable source.

For me, the same is true of the BD Now! archives. This is an active, evolving, experiential group. The body of information we have changing daily. Better, with an email, a person has access to many active practitioners where one can gather both facts and opinions.

Incidentally, I don't know if this was sorted out, but it was my impression that SS was saying that Courtney was/is working with horn clay. I'd like to hear more about this from someone/anyone.

-Allan