> >Allan
I know I'm a stroppy old sod but thats me - one more try OK
> > but the basic biology message behind Soilfoodweb is sound - thats
> >not going to change much.
- I believe I'll stick with that - Elaine got it right first time

> So, Lloyd - You monitor Elaine's work. I ask you, given changes in
> brewers (as recently as last year pumping water was held on par with
> pumping air as a means of aeration),
most of this info (anti pumping water) came from people selling or intending
to sell brewers - where is the science ? - did any of them do comparison
trials with ONLY the pumping system changed and TEST the numbers of microbes
produced with each method - maybe I missed something but I did'nt see it. (I
have no doubt that brewer technology has improved but there are still some
of us trying to do things with equipment already on hand)
I put this in the same category as the OPINION widely held by BD operators
that a rotary pump is somehow inferior to a diahphram pump for pumping
preps. Nobody ever provided science - such as the G forces involved
internally or accelleration velocities for the various pumps - someone just
decided that one was better than the other - there are tooooo many other
variables involved for this to be a black and white decision.

> food for brews have changed substantially
- mainly because they are trying much harder to get increased fungal numbers
in teas - Elaine talked at length about the type of foods for the different
organisms in her original lectures - people are having a lot of fun
'finding' new food sources - but I'm sure they all conform to that basic
information she gave us in 1999

> Does this mean anything to you? This is not static work. It is not
> only work that is being refined but it is also work in which,
> perhaps, problems have been detected and corrections offered.
> (e-coli) this is an evolving work. How does one know how to evaluate
> a piece of archival data if they are operating in a vacuum. (Reading
> the archive without working with the BD Now! group)
  The archive is a great source of basic information - can we really expect
Atkinson, Willis and Lovel to come back and rehash the detailed discussions
they had about horn clay and the preps - it went on for weeks and would have
taken days of their time to write all that stuff
> Why avoid the living organization? I really don't understand.
I'm living in a vacuum and avoiding the living organisation!!?????????????
and here's me thought I was almost a part of it!!
Lloyd Charles