Dear Lloyd,
This mail was not personally aimed at you. It derived from a sense of
frustration that sometimes the most trite of subjects can keep the list
going for weeks, yet when you mail on your techniques, which I think are
part of the cutting edge of farming you are scratching to get an answer.
somewhere along the line the farming of the future will take the best of all
the technologies and synthesise them into a sustainable system.
It is interesting that MacDonald's has quite a large war chest to find a
sustainable system that is able to gain public confidence in their products,
yet still allow for the supply of consistent quality and quantity.
How do we as sustainable farmers develop systems that are able to supply
enough quantity for even McDonalds, without supplying enough quality food
for the general consumer.
I suppose it depends where you sit when you view what is going on in
farming. My aim is to develop systems that are able to produce quality food
with the minimum of input. I personally have gone down the path of putting a
lot of faith in development of technology based on agricultural radionics,
as you have.
A quick back of the hand check on the statistics of compostable materials
world wide will show that if we were to rely on conventional organic
methods, the world would starve, if it was the only method used.
Biodynamics is one of many tools for soil fertility, not the only answer.
Steiner supported the work of Eugen and Lili Kolisko on the use of
homeopathy in Agriculture, yet when it comes to a discussion ofthe merits or
otherwise of this research wer got bogged down in the protocol of how we
were to discuss this. End result was that we did not get anywhere.
It is not necessary for Agriculture of Tomorrow to be republished when there
are many people on this list who have taken the work out of the realm of
research and into a practical system that could revolutionise the way that
we look at inputs into farming.
Where was the replies to the posts about our work with 501 to reinforce the
action of peppers? Where are the replies to Greg Willis's comments on the
use of homeopathic doses in the Agri-Synthesis system.
What about discussion of the implications of the claims by Steve Storch of
the different bacteria which develop in compost teas in different moon
signs. what are the implications, and what dos it indicate.
Let us look at the bigger picture of what we can do together with the
knowledge that we have as a group. As long as we consider ourselves weird
that is how people will see us. Maybe we can gain some lessons from George
Bush, he does not apologise for what he does, he just does it.
We don't need to apologise for what we do neither.
Regards
James