----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Diver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: BD and steam

> Flame, Infra-Red, Steam.... now you're

Thanks Steve, for the hot info.
In the fall, i was modifying my roofing torch for the same use, trying to
alternate the torch head with the infared heating attachment which you can
purchase for the top of a standard propane tank.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the photos of the market garden in
Colorado on the one site ...showing the use of the flamer.... since i worked
there some 35 yrs ago! What a change!

Now, without me going through all the data which you provide, can you say
whether or not the heat treatment is the least harmful to the microlife
compared to any other method of "weed control"?.....manfred....