James Hedly writes:

>Rationalism is not going to get someone to consider radionics. It is emotion
>that sells products. Emotions like pride or having the best farm in the
>district. The whole angle of sustainability in farming brings out a whole
>new group of emotions. How about making the farm a more safe working
>environment. What about the health of wife and kids. Farmers know now the
>effects of the chemicals that they use.
>The market for radionics is within the top 3% of primary producers. Out of
>that 3% it is  those that are the most innovative and are prepared to try
>out new ideas who need to be targeted.
>Having said that the problem then becomes how do we get to those people.
>Promoting  and marketing Agricultural Radionics is really no different to
>marketing anything else.

Dear James, et. al.,

Too right, mate.  But I did grow up in advertising, and I've studied
advertising psychology a bit even though I never went into it. My
observation has been that the things that usually get the most advertising
are the things that are worse than worthless, like beer, cigarettes and bad
politicians. Well, beer isn't so bad, but it is the worst beers that get
the most advertising. Anyway as you can imagine I've not beet too keen on
adverts.

Mostly we've kept our heads down by looking to the organic and sustainable
bunch for disseminating what we know. But, for example, two of the
brightest stars amongst my clients--one is a large scale vegetable grower
in Canada, another is a dairyman in Mexico--are coming from the
conventional mindset. They both took to dowsing like swans to a lake, both
have radionic instruments, both call or e-mail me a couple times a week for
further mentoring, both are getting results that have them real excited.
The one in Canada has a Kelly and a one card Malcolm Rae instrument. The
one in Mexico has a four card Rae instrument. Neither one has more than a
rudimentary idea of what they can do with them, but for starts they are
learning how to make their own reagents for their field broadcasters and
they are learning how to regenerate their atmosphere so it rains once
again--and these uses alone have more than paid for their equipment in
their first year. Granted they are both farming on a large enough
scale--hundreds of acres--that a little improvement means a lot of dollars.

I turn them on to everything good that I know about. Both are making
compost tea now, for example. Both have given up chemical nitrogen and
phosphorus fertilizers. The one in Canada is resolved this year to
discontinue all toxic sprays because he saw very clearly last year that
they did more damage than good, plus they affected his health as well. Both
had their best year ever last year in terms of income. Both are studying
their asses off learning all they can as fast as they can. It won't be that
much longer and they won't need me any more. It gives me a good feeling.

I'll admit I'm not comfortable with the idea of going head to head in the
marketplace with the chemical ag boys. They've got hundreds of billions if
not trillions of dollars worth of muscle to lean on us with, and we are
still in the pusilanimous thousands and tens of thousands. So I think we'd
better keep our heads down a bit longer and not get them to take us
seriously.

 What I like particularly well about Australia is it isn't nearly so dismal
an atmosphere in this regard as the states. I don't think the chemical
industry has farmers nearly so much in their grip in  Australia--for one
thing Australian farmers are working with a much lower budget in most
cases. So I've more hope for waking up conventional farmers in Australia
than here in the US at present. Note that two of my brightest clients were
conventional but were not in the US.

Well, you said something earlier about how we need to find out what the
farmers perceive as their needs and address THAT. In the marketplace that
is known as market research. And you're correct. That's how it is done.

Now, what can we do in terms of market research? For starters we can be
sure a lot of farmers want a magic potion and not something they have to
think about. And we aren't selling that. So we can only market research
what we have to offer. But even so, . . .

I hooked up with these two conventional guys because they were wanting to
get out of conventional and do something different and I happened to catch
their attention in their early exploration of alternatives. That probably
was just dumb luck. But it also means there must be a LOT of people looking
for some way out of conventional. And if my experience is any indication
radionics/biodynamics is the quickest, easiest way out that there is. These
guys both went a LONG ways in one year and will complete their transition
off of chemical inputs in this, their second year--to the point they will
no longer be going off their farms for either nitrogen or phosphorus, to
say nothing of cutting out all toxics. AND they've both saved a bundle on
irrigation. It's like a dream come true for them.

So in terms of market research, suppose we asked:

Are you barely making it using conventional methods?
Are you sickened by the use of toxic chemicals?
Are you burdened by increasing fertilizer costs?
Are you swamped by irrigation expenses?
Do you keep seeing your land go downhill?
Do you have a heartfelt, spiritual desire to farm?
Do you want to farm in harmony with the universe?
Do you want your farm to become self-sufficient?
Is it okay with you to dance to a different drummer?
Can you do what it takes to learn a new/old paradigm?

If the answers above are all "Yes!", then Quantum Agriculture may be for
you. Inquire. . . . . . .

I value your input, James, and I invite the input of others on this. Let's
see what can be done.

Best,
Hugh

Visit our website at: www.unionag.org