> Dear James, et. al.,

. Both are studying
> their asses off learning all they can as fast as they can. It won't be
that
> much longer and they won't need me any more. It gives me a good feeling.
>
> I'll admit I'm not comfortable with the idea of going head to head in the
> marketplace with the chemical ag boys. They've got hundreds of billions if
> not trillions of dollars worth of muscle to lean on us with, and we are
> still in the pusilanimous thousands and tens of thousands. So I think we'd
> better keep our heads down a bit longer and not get them to take us
> seriously.

Dear  Hugh - James
I have a friend who was a farmer until two years ago when he sold out to go
a new direction selling foliar fertiliser. He and I and a couple of other
guys started out several years ago using this hotmix trace element foliar
and seed treatment brew - I was the first in this area and encouraged the
others based on results I'd seen. It was a good first step away from
conventional thinking and the company behind it is using Albrecht logic in
their approach to fertilising and they are getting good results. Recently
these guys have moved into viticulture and have managed to snare a couple of
the big names in our area simply by getting better quality grapes - and boy
has that annoyed the conventional agronomy people - my mate has had these
company guys following him - waiting a couple of hours after he leaves the
client farm then going in to badmouth all the information he gave the
farmer. One company has devised a contract that they have fooled some
farmers into signing - a combination of cheap finance for purchases and low
fees for crop monitoring with a sneaky little clause that says that the
farmer agrees not to use anything not recommended and sold by that company -
my mate has hardly started but he's made the opposition mad as hell
already - you can bet they will have a lot of dirty tricks left yet - up to
and including direct sabotage of some of his clients crops if thats what it
takes. He could not possibly have done them serious damage yet but they see
a clear threat and are acting accordingly, this is only
LOCAL sales companies yet - not the big boys!

I think Hugh is entirely correct to say keep our heads down and not make
them take us seriously - there are a lot of receptive people out there -
anybody doing cell grazing is a prospect - farmers are turning up in droves
to eco farmer seminars, phil wheeler , arden andersen, gary zimmer, we could
probably do a repeat of Hugh's tour next year and get the same sort of
attendance as recently - they're out there, some of em are ready and some
not.
Cheers all,
Lloyd Charles