Charles and the list,
I am interested in the possibility of trialing a number of clays.

If I am using a clay, I would tend to go for either bentonite, or a commercially prepared pottery clay, simply because as a one time potter, I have prepared all the clay I want to do for the time and as a one time prospector I have located all the clay deposits I want to do  for the time. It is so easy to buy it in a bag. But on my two hundred acres I am aware of many distinct clays with very different properties, that would have some part to play, if one was experimenting in this area and undoubtedly other properties would also have a number of distinct clays, each with unique qualities. How about doing the larger amount with your preferred clay and several of each type of lessor clay and then doing some dowsing on the end product and if possible some field trials....

Gil

Lloyd Charles wrote:
Steve Storch wrote >

I have to dis agree.  If it is not done by the human hand where does the

farm

individuality arise from.  Take ten minutes, stir the water and make the
"reagent",, you owe it to yourself...sstorch

 OK Steve (and any others that would like to comment) - I'll try this - a
couple of questions though -
1. will this stirred water hold the energy pattern long enough to use it in
a vial in the broadcaster (weeks or months) - that doesn't work with stirred
preps ? Otherwise I need to make your 'stirred water 'card.

2. three of us are putting down some horns (of 500) this weekend and I'd
like to include some clay, you have some different ideas on clay - any
suggestions ?
these are some options
:: bentonite - its easy but I'd rather use local paddock reared clay
:: I have a nice maroon clay from our subsoil layer - sticky and extremely
dense, mostly magnesium it comes from about 6 to 18 inches deep in the
profile.
:: a yellowish sticky but highly dispersive, high sodium clay from our deep
subsoil
:: black pond muck - you talked about this stuff a while back  - its a black
silty clay that settles in the bottom of our farm water storage dams -
powerful stuff - very nutrient rich - has some humic material included from
organic wash in
3. we will be doing this in a new pit - any suggestions to pre treat the pit
for a better result - I'd thought to spray it out with stirred 500 before
putting the horns in ? Line the bottom with good compost maybe? What else
works?
Thanks for any suggestions
cheers
Lloyd Charles