Hi Glen,
I do agree with much that you say here, but you start with saying no one is criticising anyone except the organisations but this is not true. People are singling out individuals (just re-read recent posts in this thread, including your own comments below). It just makes the genuine points of criticism seem like sour grapes.

But the certification issue is a big one. I have just been involved in 2 inspections for certification thru different certifiers here and so have some knowledge of the process. It is tough; different certifiers may have different emphases, but in Australia they all must adhere to the National Organic Standards set by AQIS (Australian Quarantine Inspection Service). Some of the regs are just dumb bureaucracy and I know people who have opted out of certification after many years. However, in all cases I'd say their certification DID get them their regular clients and their good name and helped them get established.
There's a guy down the road from me who sells "organic" vegetables to people. He makes his compost by mixing urea and sawdust together and leaving it for 3 weeks, then puts it on the plants. He told me he doesn't use any pesticides or chemicals - "only a bit of roundup at the start, of course".
This guy isn't trying to deceive anyone - he *believes* he is growing organic food! What distinguishes his practise from those that are certified is that a certified grower has to be aware of a lot of things and take appropriate action, while my neighbour is free to do whatever he does, in ignorance and without anyone pulling him up. His clients are just as poorly informed - either they don't know or simply don't ask about his practices.
What do you do about such situations? I don't know.

regards,

Graeme
Upon reflection I do not hear people knocking the use of traditional preps.
They are knocking the organisations who seem to be isolating themselves from
their members and the wider BD community, yet maintain relevance because of
their trademark and its apparant value.
The fact is trademarks are near on irrelevant anyway. The real practise they
are supporting is garbage ( check out NZ BD apple production - 28 Lime
Sulphurs a season) and so its a matter of time till they are dead.
Discussion hear in NZ is post organic registration quality based trademarks.
The search is on for relevant quality parameters, regardless of the
production method. eg SFW tests for soil, brix and chromas etc
The present organisations are basically corrupt. Here in NZ, one or two old
council members protested a fellow members right to be elected onto council
because of 'conflict of interest', as he worked part time with me. Somehow
it seems I am working against the economic good of Biodynamics.?
In the US we have the 'biodynamic' ownership debacle. In Australia we have
Podolinsky setting up his kingdom, in Europe we have them suggesting illegal
actions

Who do these people think they are, and sadly they seem to believe they are
beyond reproach or criticism. While they controlled the BD media they were,
now they dont and so they are not. Seems the best they can do is stay away
from the forum and keep their heads in the sand. Their choice.
Good luck to them and good luck to the free thinkers who look at all the
options, apply them to their properties and prosper.
The reality is this list offers biodynamics without limitations. Pick up
what you want and go for it. Aquarian anarchy. Yahoo.
GA

BdMax distributors of ThermoMax -THE proven frost protection www.bdmax.co.nz ----- Original Message ----- From: "Resonant Info" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Biodynamic Food and Farming Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 11:16 PM Subject: Re: Dornachian reactions?

 If your interest is in biodynamics, you may be wondering if you are
 subscribed to the right group!
 Despite the numerous claims to the contrary that you may read on the
> BDNow group, biodynamics is thriving, here in Australia at least.
 People are using the real preps, as described and recommended by
 Rudolf Steiner, as practised for decades all over the world.
 Although some think this is some kind of old  school, bogged down and
 in decay, it is still a living culture.
 If you are interested in agriculture, biodynamics, growing food for
 people to help in the recovery of the Earth, seek it out.  If you are
 interested in subtle energies, radionics, homoeopathic dilutions and
 such, there is a lot of very interesting information to be found on
 this list.
 It would be great if we could get above the contemptible slagging
 that goes on about "the other" and keep the focus on the many
 practical and helpful suggestions people have.
 regards all,
 Graeme Gerrard

Graeme Gerrard
1480 Sapphire Coast Drive