Eric, Lloyd,James et al.

Although I originated from your neck of the woods Eric, home is in
Australia.  3 hours east of Sydney, near Orange (wine country), a colder
climate than most of Oz at an elevation of around 900 mts.  Witnessed the
arch on friday june 27, one the Irish would describe as a fine, soft day.

This valley has many rainbows often doubles and triples but these are
predominately in the east and very large.  The white arch was smaller, in
the west and visible through last traces of fog and remained after fog
dissipated.  The outer edges were smeared and not definite, seeming like an
aura haze.  The intensity of white was in the centre belt of the arch which
ran north south. It moved up the valley and continued on with us to the
other side of the hway, then stayed within 100 metres of where we stood
waiting for the school bus.  Would have been about 200 - 300 mts end to end,
and approx 30 - 50 at the highest point of the arch.

That's about all I can tell you, except that I obviously don't think like
sstorch.

L&L
Liz