Hi,

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 2:31 AM, <ignacio.mata...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> Looks like there is something wrong in eclipse. I compiled the code
gettimeofday directly from ubuntu terminal and it works properly. Also the
code works in my beaglebone :-)

> BUT... :-S. I am trying to run my code. It compiles and run under ubuntu
but when i try to run in in my beaglebone i got the error:
> -sh: ./hil: cannot execute binary file
>
> I am using the following command in my beaglebone:
> chmod ugo+x hil
> ./hil
>
> I am using this includes:
> stdio.h
> stdlib.h
> math.h
> sys/time.h
>
> any suggestion? thanks in advance to everybody

Try using the "file" command on your program. It will tell whether you
built an ARM executable or an x86 executable. x86 executables will produce
the error you're seeing when you try to run them on the beagleboard (since
the beagleboard uses an ARM processor).

file ./hil

For example: file /bin/ls on my x86 ubuntu machine shows:

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada